Interlibrary Loan student workers play an extremely significant and essential role in the efficient daily operations of the Interlibrary Loan Department. They provide support for the Interlibrary Loan Manager and are responsible for processing interlibrary loans at every level.
1. Must be a current TIU student, eligible for work-study;
2. Ability to work independently with careful attention to detail;
3. Ability to interact tactfully and courteously with library patrons;
4. Ability to use different kinds of technology and willingness to learn interlibrary loan system software;
5. Ability to handle increasing levels of responsibility;
6. Prior library experience a plus.
1. Process loans and articles received for our patrons from other libraries using ILLiad (automated interlibrary loan system). Return materials to lending libraries by checking items into ILLiad and preparing mailing labels.
2. Prepare loans and articles being sent out to other libraries using ILLiad. Package materials in a manner safe for transit through the USPS. Check in returned materials.
3. Process Distance Education students’ requests for materials using ILLiad.
4. Search bibliographic utilities, databases, electronic and print sources to locate requested materials.
5. Provides customer assistance to faculty, staff and students in completing requests within ILL guidelines
6. Work on special projects.
7. Other duties as assigned.
This position reports to the Head of Access Services. The position is a part time position requiring 6-10 hours per week between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday-Friday.